You must have:
- applied for and been accepted to study in a registered full-time course at an educational institution in Australia
- organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.
With this visa you can
- participate in an eligible course of study
- bring family members to Australia with you
- apply online in or outside Australia
Things to note
- be enrolled in a course of study in Australia
- hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or fall in one of the exemption categories
- must be 6 years or older
- prove you have a welfare arrangement, if you are under 18
- A substantive visa ceases to be in effect if another substantive visa is granted
- Applications are received Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) (or Australian Eastern daylight standard time (AEDST) when applicable)
- Up to 5 years and in line with your enrolment.